Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Laughter Heals my Soul

Today was just a feel good silly kind of day for me.  I don't think I really took anything seriously, I even went sledding in my backyard alone!  It was a sight that will never be seen by anyone ever!  But I had fun!

The sound of laughter in my house has been such a magnificent healing tool for me.  It seems like whenever the family gets together the laughter just has no choice but to begin.  I sat on the floor the other day playing bowling with two of  my grandsons on the Wii.  They would get to laughing about the silliest things and not be able to stop, they would roll on top of each other with laughter.  It was infectious, we all started to laugh it was then I noticed my little deaf/blind grandson right in the middle of the boys rolling right along with them.  He was laughing too!  It seemed so natural and yet it wasn't at all what we thought we would ever see him be able to do, to laugh.  The older boys were filled with laughter regarding their surroundings and their ability to communicate with each other, it was a way of sharing such joy and happiness.  The same was true with Kingston, he might not of been able to hear everything or see anything but he was aware of his surroundings.  He had to feel the love and joyous friendship of those cousins as they truly wrestled around with each other in laughter.

My second to the oldest grandson, Austin Cottrell, has to be one of the funniest children I've ever met!  He controls the room he is in with his sweet tender heart, yes he is rough around the outside, he is a true BOY! But when he starts to laugh his dimples melts his grandmas heart!  Today I am Thankful for laughter!  I am so blessed to have my Austin in my life!  What a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment